2 cups Yellow Onions, diced
2 cups Red Bell Peppers, diced
2 cups Green Bell Peppers, diced
1/3 cup Jalapeño Peppers, finely diced
2 large Potatoes, peeled, large diced
3 tablespoons Garlic, minced
8 oz Bacon, diced
6 oz frozen Corn
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped fine
2 oz Butter
5 cups Chicken Stock (canned)
5 cups Half & Half*
½ cup all purpose Flour
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1½ teaspoon fresh ground Black Pepper
- In a heavy gauge stock pot, sauté bacon pieces in butter 8 minutes over low heat.
- Add diced peppers and onions and lightly sauté for 5 additional minutes.
- Add flour and continue to cook 3 additional minutes, stirring constantly to avoid scorching.
- Add chicken stock and half & half. Then increase the heat to medium and bring to a simmer.
- Add diced potatoes and frozen corn.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add chopped cilantro during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve immediately.
*Cream may be substituted for half & half, but do not substitute with milk.
10 12-oz servings